Cute Mom Style: Shorts + Tee

I know it seems like I talk about clothes on here a lot lately.  And while that's true, I promise this isnt' turning into just a fashion blog.  It's just that I've had a lot of conversations with new mom's lately about how to get the heck out of your elastic waisted pants post babies.  I'm a firm believer in your own ability to turn a situation around, mind over matter style.  As in, yes I still matter.  Yes, I may spend 99% of my time dirty and on the floor.  I may reach over and pick up babies, well toddlers now in my case, and wipe counters, and sit on dirty park benches for the majority of my day.  I might not be able to afford to ruin a pair of $150 white jeans and a designer blouse at chic fil a, because let's be real, that's where my lunch dates occur.  Okay, if I'm being really honest, I may not be able to afford it period.  A $300 outfit can buy me a year's worth of clothes for my kids.  Both of them.  But I refuse to look like motherhood and it's constant demands are overtaking me.  I'm not a sinking ship and I shouldn't look as desperate as I sometimes feel.

So back to the mom chat.  There are a few really easy ways to look pulled together and still be 100% washable and affordable.  I know everyone's version of affordable is different.  I'm not talking extreme couponers here.  Just a realistic approach to getting dressed with little kids with time and budget restraints in mind.  Looking and feeling good while you're in the carpool line or grocery shopping.  Not being embarrassed if a neighbor stops by.  Baby steps.

First up. Shorts and tee shirts. (currently 25% off with code: PACKME).  I've also had awesome luck with these shirts and shorts too.  I live in this brand because I've found the prices to be comparable (especially when on sale) to other cheaper stores and the quality to be superior.  They wash and wear and don't stretch out or lose their shape as much as some others.  I'm pretty sure you can't go wrong with new target tee shop either.

I'm not even going to explain.  You probably have it in your closet already.  The trick to looking polished and not like you're on a safari?  Skip the khakis and basic white and pair two vibrant colors together.  Color + Color equals chic.  Take a note from j.crew and mix this shiz up.

For the love, do not pair this with all-terrain sandals or tennis shoes.  I know your toddler can run laps in the playground, mine can too.  But this is not the amazon. Get a pair of pretty metallic sandals.  Like this pair or this pair.  If you can't jusitfy a designer splurge, check out the selection at Target.  Your husband won't even notice the extra $15 on the bill.

And finally, add a statement necklace.  (I'm wearing this one above, and this one is really similar).  This one explains itself as it takes you from target to drinks with girlfriends to dinner with your husband.  Did you realize that if you throw it on over a $12 tee it will bring your whole look to life?

See this is simple.  Just like the little ones we're raising, baby steps get us where we want to be.   You don't need to spend and hour perfecting your beach wave curled hair to feel really good about yourself.  Just part your hair and throw it in a pony tail.  If you want some quick tips on five minute make-up, check out this post here.  I hope you found this post helpful, and not condescending.  Sometimes it's just nice to know we can make it work.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2