Last night of summer

I sometimes forget how important it is to pick up my good camera and capture our life.  It feels overwhelming to me most of the time.  Loading pictures onto the computer. Sorting them, editing them, feeling guilty that I haven't done anything with them.  It's just so much easier to capture every day moments with my iphone and immediately square them off into instagram.  But that extra effort is oh so worth it.  There is something magical about capturing my children with my good lens.

Two nights ago was one of those times.  Matthew went outside to water his baby grass he's growing in a patch out front and the kids ran after him splashing all the way.  Tagg ended up drenched and Wells lost her clothes within minutes.  The squeals, the setting sun, the last dog days of summer.  I'm so thankful I got to document it.  I snapped away for a few minutes and then was prodded into my own puddles by our ring leader Tagg.  It may look like Wells is stealing the show, but don't fool yourself, Tagg is our resident puddle man.

Y'all know we were nervous about Wells starting preschool this week.  She's dealt with a lot of anxiety.  She has a hard time around new faces and crowds.  She gets really uneasy in a large group of adults even when the faces are all familiar family members.  Separation anxiety for her is the worst.  She's attached to mama's hip.  She did great on Monday at orientation and pretty well yesterday too.  There were a few tears when she realized I didn't get to stay with her in the classroom for a long time like I did the day before.  But she was excited and happy when I picked her up.  She had a good day.  She wanted to talk about her new school all afternoon.  I'm so proud of her for being brave.

 Tagg: Green Pants (comparable) (comparable for fall) similar) (comparable) (comparable) comparable) (comparable gold sparkly apartments (comparable)

Wells: Hunter Boots | Lily Shift (similar) (similar) | gold sparkly flats (similar)

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2