Adeste Fideles

Few things make me as proud of and happy with my Catholic heritage as the musical traditions that come with it. At Christmas particularly, traditional, Catholic hymns take me back to my youth and connect me with my family.

My favourite one is Adeste Fideles, mainly while it is sung in Latin. Hearing a choir sing this music is one of the most exultant matters there's. By the time the 1/3 time the refrain's repeated I'm reduced to a pool of tears and properly intentions.

If you do not know the phrases, right here they're:

Adeste Fideles,

Laeti triumphantes;

Venite, venite in Bethlehem;

Natum videte,

Regem Angelorum;

Refrain :

Venite adoremus

Venite adoremus,

Venite adoremus Dominum !

Deum de Deo,

Lumen de lumine,

Gestant puellae viscera;

Deum verum,

Genitum, non factum :

Refrain

Cantet nunc hymnos

Chorus angelorum,

Cantet nunc aula caelestium:

Gloria, gloria,

In excelsis Deo !

Refrain

Ergo qui natus

Die hodierna,

Jesu tibi sit down gloria:

Patris aeterni

Verbum caro factum

Regardless of your religious traditions, or lack there of, I want to want you a merry Christmas and a prosperous new 12 months.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2