Step by Step Styling Tips

I'm returned these days to share some more of my guidelines with you.

A few weeks ago I shared my tips on how to Liven Up a space. You can see that post, HERE.

Today's tips are kinda similar to the tips in that post,  I always like to liven up a space and make it feel fresh.  But mostly what I want to share with you today is my step by step process of putting a look together.

Tip #1 Start from scratch

So this is a wall in our home that somewhat divides the living room from the dining room. It is the first thing you see when entering our home.  Because this wall also acts as a walkway to get to the kitchen or the hallway,  I have to use furniture that doesn't stick out too far, therefore this shelf and bench are perfect for the space.

The images at the wall create symmetry, and the wooden field below the bench coordinates with the antique wooden shelf.

So apart from the furnishings, this area is quite a great deal empty.

I like to start from scratch while placing a look together.

Tip #2 Add sample.

I usually start with a pattern first because then you can always play off of it. So the first thing I did here was add a pillow.  Pillows are the easiest way to play around with pattern, but curtains and rugs are great too especially in rooms like kitchens and bathrooms when you can't get away with pillows.

Tip #three Keep stability

The 2d factor I added to the space became a white wire basket conserving three white pitchers. The white from the pitchers balances with the white bench.

Tip #4 Add Glass

I love adorning with glass because of how it fills up a area with out feeling heavy.

Believe it or no longer, I even have picked up both of these glass drink dispensers at thrift stores on separate occasions. I think they are high-quality, and I additionally love to apply them for enjoyable.

Tip #5 Add Weight

This tip is in the main crucial when styling a bookshelf, it's nice to maintain heavier gadgets on the lowest shelf to feature weight. However, this tip also can follow in different regions, inclusive of the wooden box beneath the bench, it allows to preserve the look grounded.

I stuffed this twine basket with antique desk clothes and introduced it to the lowest shelf. It's now not best beneficial to have inside the eating room, but the patterns additionally play well with the pattern on the pillow.

Tip #6 Showcase Collections

What do you collect? Me, I tend to accumulate glass bottles, photo in white frames, and white dishes.

I suppose it is essential to show the things you like.

Tip #7 House Plants.

I know, Again with the House plants! But I believe house plants are a must-have when styling a space.  Plants just make everything come alive. Not only are they happy to look at, they also add a good vibe of your home and make your space feel fresh.

I'm slowly collecting plants here and there.  I try to bring home a new one every time I find one on sale. I feel like you can never have too many plants.

Tip #eight Fill inside the Blanks

The closing tip is to step back, take a look at your space, and spot wherein the blanks are.

This is a wonderful time to feature all of your little nick nacks to the space.

For me, I brought multiple glass floats. Again, sticking to my glass tip, and once more, sticking to my collections tip.

They additionally added little pops of coloration.

Tip #9 Flow

I guess I should have mentioned this tip at the beginning, but it's important that your spaces all flow together.  I used the same colors as in our living room and it does all feel very cohesive.

I like how it all got here together. This space is a lot extra attractive to take a look at now.

Tip #10 Never Stop Styling!

I just can't stop! Lol! Just after I assume I'm completed styling a area, and typically it's after I've taken one million pics of it, I then decide it needs greater!

So in my closing appearance here, I've introduced greater! More plant life, More bottles, I even hung up a straw bag and sweater on the bench.

This area is a laugh to examine, it is lived-in, it is clean, and it appears like home.

I hope I even have inspired you in one manner or every other with my styling guidelines today.

do you have any other tips you would like to add?  If so just leave it in a comment below.

Thank you for stopping by means of,

Emily

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2