Tile trends from Cevisama

The Spanish Tile Manufacturer's Association (ASCER) promotes Spanish ceramic tile in North America as Tile of Spain . I was the fortunate recipient of a trip to Spain last week to get to know the Spanish tile industry, Spanish culture and the Spanish people. My trip was built around my attending Cevisama, the Spanish tile, stone and bath trade show .

Cevisama become an big show, easily the most important tile exchange display I've ever attended. The facility where it was held, the Feria Valencia, turned into an amazement.

As I walked the show floor and toured the booths I saw a number of overriding trends, many of which will end up on this side of the Atlantic eventually. Tile is the default material for much of the world though it's certainly not in North America and that's unfortunate. It's a great material and I learned more about it in Spain than I ever thought there was to know.

The massive news from Spain is that the Spanish have mastered the art of virtual printing on tile. The tile above isn't always the banded calcite it seems to be. That is a pattern revealed on a ceramic tile. The printing became so clean I ought to swear I noticed the saw marks from a stone noticed on that tile.

The Spanish use tile in revolutionary approaches. The shelves above are made form walnut shelves with porcelain tile dividers.

All over Europe, developers are the use of huge-layout, skinny porcelain tiles for sheathing the exteriors of buildings. When used in this manner, the tile is not held into location with mastic and grout. Rather, it's hung on an aluminum rack with a layer of insulation behind it. This makes for a enormously energy efficient structure that in no way desires to be maintained.

Moving back interior, the lengthy horizontal wall tiles we see right here had been everywhere in the location. For the closing couple of years, designers in North America were passionate about hiding grout joints and it turned into sort of exciting to look the grout in this bathroom be an integral a part of this layout.

Almost each tile I saw had quite a few texture. This one was thrilling because it's a 12" tile with with a textured mosaic published on it. This could make set up a snap and I apologize to my pals in the mosaic world for coming close to liking this tile.

This is some other 12" tile with textured mosaic revealed on it. When achieved this manner, this fake mosaic takes on a man or woman this is entirely unique from a mosaic.

I noticed numerous brilliant shades and very few of them had been on flat tiles.

In maintaining with the virtual printing mastery, what appears to be a wallpapered bathroom is virtually, completely tiled.

I noticed a variety of tile being used in rooms other than the kitchen and tub uses we're so conversant in in North America.

Here's another ceramic tile that appears to be wooden paneling and wallpaper.

I saw a large number of combinations of natural stone, glazed ceramic and metallic ceramic. That hexagonal shape was pretty popular too. This is not something I'd ever think to do on my own but I think it looks pretty terrific.

I took heaps of pictures at the same time as I become there so recollect this to be the primary in a series on tile developments. What do you suspect of all of this? Would you ever use any of those patterns in your home?

Thank you once again to Tile of Spain for this once-in-a-lifetime trip to Spain. If you'd like to learn more about what the Spanish tile industry is up to, you can find all the information you could ask for on Tile of Spain's website.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2