New House Progress | Major Playroom Update

Playroom

I feel like this room keeps reinventing itself along with the rest of our downstairs.  The blue sofa and loveseat from the former living room got moved to the playroom when we shuffled things around a few weeks ago.  At first I wasn't sure I was going to like it but I felt like it was the best size match for the space.  The white sofa and loveseat we brought back from Pawleys Island are huge so it made more sense for them to go to the family room which is a much larger room.  I'm also a little less nervous having all that white upholstery in a second family space and not the primary kid zone.

I was really happy with the way our playroom looked after completing a big overhaul here and then some big accessory tweaking here. You can see the true before pictures here from just after we closed.  So throwing those blue sofas in there took a little getting used to for me.  I like how they create a large seating area but the small footprint doesn't overpower the room.   This is our favorite spot to read books or play spaceship.

I've been struggling with what colors I want to use in this room and have happily landed upon an accidental pink and blue scheme.  I'm a huge fan of pink and navy and this is the perfect preppy combination.  All of the sophisticated neutral I love got shuffled to the family room so I can now let this room loosen up a bit.  I've also gravitated toward pink accessories forever and I'm glad they are being used in the new house now instead of staying packed away.

And on to the second half of the room, where the toys are y'all.  Please don't mistake these next few pictures for lazy-ness.  I'm not too busy to clean up nicely before guests come over, including you.  I just think it's nice to see what things really look like now and again.  You know, really look like.  So in the pictures above nothing has been styled, it's just the view you see from the dining room and it's easy to keep things clean.  And the pictures below show where we are most every day.  I really want to mount a tv above the coral desk but right now it's a landing place for crap.  The skirted console table is mostly a storage for plastic toys and no matter how many times I put the dollhouse away it ends up looking like this five minutes later.  Our teepee needs some more permanent reinforcements after a really active play date several months ago.

You'll also notice my old pink sofa with the white slipcover is still in here.  The white has been pretty easy to keep clean because it's washable.  But the loose fabric would annoy the crap out of me in a more adult space.  It just never looks awesome like the custom slipcovers do.  The sofa faces into the room opposite the blue sofa.  It's overkill for seating.  It's taking up too much room. I know it needs to go.  I'm just having a really hard time letting this sofa go.  It was my first big purchase as a grown-up and I'm clearly sentimental about it.  I need to get over that.  The last thing we need is another sofa.  For real.  Do you hold onto stuff you no longer need just because you're not ready to let go yet?

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2