Powder Room Design Ideas

Wells is turning four in a few weeks and I'm using her party as an excuse to renovate our downstairs powder room.  It's currently in pretty bad shape.  Rough walls that have been stripped of several layers of wallpaper but still crusty from paste.  An old toilet, rusted brass fixtures, dated mirror and light fixture, and too much 1970's wood paneling.  You can see for yourself here.

This has been at the top of my to-do list for a year and I'm excited to get started.  We purchased a toilet on sale last fall that's waiting in the garage to be installed after the paneling is sanded and painted white.  Budget wise, we're really just in need of a new sink and light fixture.  I plan to shop our house for the mirror and art and accessories.

I think in such a small space wallpaper could make a really big impact for not a lot of coin.  I've fallen in love with paper from Spoonflower that I really want to try out.  Have you ordered wallpaper or fabric from Spoonflower yet?  I haven't myself but I keep hearing good things.  The wallpaper is significantly less expensive than the designer paper it mimics, but, it's still a big ticket item to add to the final budget.

OPTION 1

In my second option, we'd be using leftover Serena & Lily wallpaper from Wells' room makeover.  That's the cheapest option.  We really only need to purchase a sink and light fixture and we're done.  I love this paper but I don't want to feel like I'm setting.  Is it weird to have the same pattern in two rooms? It's certainly a good neutral, and I can attest to loving it in person.

OPTION 2

I would love to hear your thoughts on the two designs.  I think both could be really fun and work in our house.  This powder room is in between the kitchen and the family room for reference.  I've also got my eye on a few other ideas, like painting the paneling grey or just doing a color on the walls.  I can't imagine how complex a full bathroom renovation would be if I'm this hung up on a powder room.  Thankfully I probably won't find that out firsthand for another 5-10 years :)

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2