That song that's stuck in my head: a Blog Off post

Every weeks, the blogosphere comes alive whilst bloggers of each stripe weigh in at the identical topic. This week's Blog Off is ready songs that get stuck for your head. Here's my take.

-----------------

I fly in and out of the Tampa airport with alarming regularity. According to FourSquare , I've checked into that airport 28 times in the last six months. It's a great airport so far as airports go and obviously, I spend a fair amount of time there.

Via The Decorating Diva

Every time I retrieve my car and drive home I pass a stand of oak trees at the entrance to the airport. All of them have a yellow ribbon tied around their trunks. A yellow ribbon tied around an oak tree has become the de facto statement of hope for the men and women who are in the armed services. Those ribbons are a stand in for "supporting the troops." I understand the sentiment behind those ribbons, but wouldn't it be better if the United States kept young men and women out of harm's way to begin with? Had the US not invaded Afghanistan and Iraq in the first place, there'd be no need to tie yellow ribbons around trees. If the energy expended in those ribbons were directed toward electing politicians who didn't buy into the idea that the US is the world's police force, we'd be a better country. If you want to "support the troops," work to bring them home.

Thru

Anyhow, each time I pass that stand of beribboned very welltrees, it's 1973 all once more and this music bores its manner into my brain:

The only thing I can do at that point is crank up my Twitter buddy Joseph Calleja's E luceven le stelle from Puccini's Tosca. He's also my favorite contemporary tenor and a good guy. Even if you don't get opera, the man has a voice that won't quit.

I can't get enough of his making a song. So a ways as I can inform, Calleja's the only therapy for a Tony Orlando and Dawn earworm. I've seen him perform two times by using the manner, on every occasion in New York. On my bucket listing is seeing Calleja in Tosca at La Scala in Milan. One of in recent times...

What songs bore into your head? What activates that dull and how do you get rid of them?

Check out how other bloggers cope with this subject matter via clicking on the links inside the following desk.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2