Another step back to get where you need to be

Sometimes you have to take a step back.  And that's okay.

Those of y'all on instagram over the weekend saw this post coming.  I spent the better part of Saturday painting white primer all over the navy walls and trim in our dining room.  I tried so hard to make the navy work but it never felt right.  I got carried away with the idea of doing some fun and exciting in our house.  I think I wanted y'all to think I wasn't boring.  I wanted to prove to myself that I wasn't boring.  That yet another room in my house wasn't going to be gray with white trim and a sisal rug.

I know this is a deep post about a room.  It's just paint, for goodness sake.  But it's not just about a color on a wall.  I feel like this room has taught me a lot in the past year and I'm listening to that.  Sometimes I feel like my whole life is a little boring compared to some.  I get up, cook, clean, pack snacks, carpool, hug, kiss, love, teach, snuggle, straighten, vacuum, fold clothes, put away groceries, match up socks, try to think about what I want to be when I grow up, watch netflix, go to sleep, wake up with babes in the night, drink more coffee and do it all again. But you know what, I'm super content with all of that.  Spoiler alert, I'm actually really happy with my "boring" life.  And the thing is, I'm just as happy with my predictable home with light colored walls and floors and baskets full of pillows in every room.  But that doesn't mean I'm not up for taking a risk every now and again even if it doesn't work out.

I see people on instragram whom I love to follow with whole houses that are white and neutral and cohesive and then I see lively homes that are bursting at the seams with color and pattern mixing and perfectly styled vignettes and everything in between.  You know what they all have in common?  Real people who live there who are proud of their homes.  I hope that's what people think when they see our house.  It's not dazzling or cutting edge or impressive.  But I can assure you when you step foot inside this house I'll be glad you came and I'll try to make you glad you came as well.  I hope that feeling transfers through the computer screen.  It's not about painting or re-painting but loving your life in those walls.

So back to the room.  Walls have been primed.  Bookshelves and door are staying navy.  I'll need to tape off a hard edge once the actual paint goes up.  It's just the right amount of drama without shouting at me.  I feel like this room can breathe again.  I hung some art and pushed the chest back against the wall even though I'm mid-project because I was just so excited and couldn't wait to visualize.  It finally feels like I got it right in here.

I started this project on Saturday morning on a whim and high on coffee while Mathew was out hunting.  Big surprise when he got home and saw white walls.  He loved it too, of course.

"What color are the walls going to be?" he asked.  "Classic Gray" I replied.  "What were the walls before?" , "Don't ask."

crickets

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2