We Built a Lattice Wall in the Backyard

I'm pretty pumped our our new little privacy wall in the backyard.  Well, it's actually not a privacy wall at all.  It's a lattice wall that encloses a section of our little courtyard and makes for the coziest little corner and adds a good bit of privacy to our backyard.

I think the only thing that moves slower than the projects inside our house are the projects outside.  My husband is incredibly skilled and it's amazing that he can build such awesome things for our family.  But in all reality, it's not his day job.  Or his hobby.  Squeeze in some family time and that doesn't leave much time left for diy.  But slow and steady wins the race on this house.

Earlier this Spring my husband and his dad rebuilt our deck and redirected the stairs to the side down to the newly created open patio space.  We're still trying to decide what type of surface to lay down.  Probably pea gravel.  The septic tank is under here so that eliminates cement or brick.  We're looking into pavers so that just a small section could be removed if we ever needed access to the tank.  Do any of y'all have any experience with pea gravel? I like the way it looks but I'm not sold on how it feels just yet.

You can see the outline of our garden wall in the background as well.  Matthew finished that up a few months ago to keep the deer from eating our veggies.  I can't wait to get started on that next Spring.

We're going to plant confederate jasmine to grow along the lattice to conceal the space even more and create a lush green wall!  It's going to be so pretty with Christmas lights strung along out here at night!  I think we'll also move our new outdoor dining room table from Trex down here as well.

If anyone is interested in the actual how to diy of this project I'm sure I can get Matthew to spill all the details.  One thing to note is the square trellis we used instead of traditional diamond shape.  I love how that looks!

PS: Anybody hit up the shopbop sale yet?  Take 25% off with code: INTHEFAM25.  I'm off to go check it out tonight!

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2