Something to look forward to

In a chunk greater than six weeks, I'm going to board this plane.

Two-and-a-half hours later, I'll be taking walks here; in my blue heaven.

This man and I (and more than one different buddies) are going to show it all off and music all of it in. Quiet! Isolation! Primitive situations! Hammocks strapped to coconut arms!

I haven't set foot on my beloved Cat Island in nearly two years and I am positively aching for the place. The Out Islands of the Bahamas are a magical place and I've written reams about them. So much so that The Bahamas has its own tag on my blog .

If you've been to Nassau or taken a cruise, I'm sorry to inform you that you really haven't been to The Bahamas. The Bahamas is its Out Islands, the places off the beaten path. Islands where the Obeah Man still lives and where mer-men and mermaids still swim in blue holes.

So for every week in early September, a few notable friends and I are going to forgo internet get right of entry to, telephones, TVs and many of the modern trappings it's clean to suppose make life feasible. Man I can not wait to turn off my smartphone and just sink my ft in the sand for a week.

Late addition: I just found this video on YouTube from the Bahamian recording artist Stileet . The music of the Out Islands is something called Rake and Scrape. Steel drums are for tourists in all-inclusive resorts elsewhere. Rake and Scrape is infectious to say the least. I'll be watching this video on a non-stop loop for the next six weeks!

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2