One Room Challenge Week Three

Well y'all know I dove right into lots of progress shots last week so I hope you're not too disappointed with the lack of results this week.  I'll be perfectly honest, I was in Pawleys Island for four days and it was raining the other three.  The time slipped away from me and I spent most of yesterday thinking I had one more day to go fabric shopping.  But I guess that's the whole point of this challenge, to show y'all what really transpires week to week.

So onto the challenge.  Bedside tables, I need them.  I want dark wood.  Beautiful aged wood antique pieces of course.  Minimum table height of 33" and at least three drawers.  Oh, and I need two of them.  They don't have to be matching, but at least resemble each other in size and style.  I'm big on symmetry.  I've got a time frame and a budget to consider as well as the realization that I am moving soon.  And my new bedroom might be a much larger or smaller space.  I hate to find just the right thing now when in a few weeks it could be oh so wrong.  I'm still going to source out chests as they are pieces that could go in other parts of my home unlike a matching set of nightstands.  But like I said,  I'm not having much luck.  So my back-up is to cover my existing tables with fabric skirts.

I know some of y'all aren't big fans but if it's good enough for Erika, it's good enough for me.  I'm liking the idea of a glass top to hide little trinkets and photographs underneath like she did in her bedroom featured here.  But that can be added to any type of tabletop, not just fabric.  My only hesitation with the skirts is that between the fabric headboard, the curtain panels, the bed skirt, and all the bed linens this is just going to be much fabric.  Period.  We need something strong and masculine to anchor.  But rememeber, this is just a back-up plan.  Once I gather some fabric options we'll see where it's headed.

Here are a few examples that don't look too bad.  I can guarantee you there are several plastic sterilite storage drawers from Target hiding under all that linen.  Mark my words.

So is this even an option I should entertain or do I need to get my butt in gear and search out some  proper nightstands?

I also got a really fun package in the mail yesterday with a giant roll coral ribbon trim from one of my sweet blog friends Lizzie.  She's like my fairy godmother.  She had it sitting around the house and the roll has plenty left to tackle this project.  I love the extra color is adds.

You can view the very last effects of my first One Room Challenge here

And in case you're new here, click at the hyperlinks beneath to get all stuck WEEK FIVE constantly, be sure to check out the opposite lovelies participating in this collection.? I promise they do not disappoint.

INTRODUCTION | WEEK ONE | WEEK TWO | WEEK THREE | WEEK FOUR | WEEK FIVE | WEEK SIX | FINAL REVEAL

And as always, be sure to check out the other lovelies participating in this series.  I promise they don't disappoint.

Cottage

the Cottage Mix

Cottage

the Cottage Mix

Cottage & Vine

Design Indulgence

Design Manifest

Everything LEB

Hodge Podge

Kim Macumber Interiors

Little Black Door

Matters of Style

Calling It Home

Nicole Scott Designs

Pacific Family Homes

the Peak of Tres Chic

the Pink Pagoda

Powell Brower Home

Simple Details

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2