One Room Challenge Week Six

So here we are now six weeks into the One Room Challenge and only one week left before the big reveal.  I'd say I made some real progress this week, mentally at least.  I realized how easy is it to stray away from your original room design goals, even in such a short time frame.  Typically my rooms evolve over time as budget and effort allow.  It's really easy to let one new thing change your plans.  Sometimes that's a good thing.  And sometimes it's not.

Take my William Morris Wallpaper Reproduction Print I ordered for above our bed.  I love it but it just wasn't going to work where I intended.  Complimented by my pillow choices, I realized I need yet another pattern/color to pull out it's full potential.  Which meant a recovering my headboard.  And then my bedding felt too white.  And the walls too dark.  And the bedside tables all wrong.  And I thought about ordering more prints so I could wallpaper the whole back wall in them.  Then I realized that I was creating a totally different room from the one I wanted.  No matter how great that combo might be, it wasn't what I wanted in my bedroom.  It was just too much.

But I love the print and I like that it ties in all the various colors I'm using.  And it actually looks gorgeous against my charcoal gray walls so I just rehung it on the wall opposite our bed.  It feels better over there and creates a nice sense of balance to that side of the room.  Plus I like that it draws your eye in rather than to the tv.  Yes, we have a television in our bedroom.  I'll never give that up.

I decided that while the green silk taffeta buffalo check is an amazing fabric it's just not cut out for this space.  So I went with option C, my old polka dotted scarf from Target draped right over top the existing headboard.  BAM.  I love it.  I knew we needed something above the headboard and realized just a nice quiet whisper of something would work best.  Enter an antique oval mirror.  I added just a tad bit of rub 'n buff to help bring out some of her former glitz.  I like that it's more muted than a new gold (or spray painted gold) mirror.

Now we are lower back on track!

I'm really liking where this is headed now.  I swapped out our slipper chairs for a nice upholstered bench at the foot of the bed.  This still leaves plenty of room for climbing babes to perch but takes up less floor space.  It's their favorite spot to sit and watch tv in our room without getting their sticky fingers and soy milk anywhere near my new white bedding.

I still have a ton of editing to do but I think I'm finally in the home stretch!  I have my spool of coral trim to bust out and I'd still like to get my euro shams monogrammed but I know that's not going to finished in time for this challenge.  Unless someone local wants to hook me with some rapid service? hint hint.  anyone?  no really.

You can view the very last consequences of my first One Room Challenge right here

And if you're new here, click on on the links beneath to get all caught WEEK TWO always, make certain to test out the opposite lovelies participating in this collection.? I promise they do not disappoint.

INTRODUCTION | WEEK ONE | WEEK TWO | WEEK THREE | WEEK FOUR | WEEK FIVE | WEEK SIX | FINAL REVEAL

And as always, be sure to check out the other lovelies participating in this series.  I promise they don't disappoint.

Cottage

the Cottage Mix

Cottage

the Cottage Mix

Cottage & Vine

Design Indulgence

Design Manifest

Everything LEB

Hodge Podge

Kim Macumber Interiors

Little Black Door

Matters of Style

Calling It Home

Nicole Scott Designs

Pacific Family Homes

the Peak of Tres Chic

the Pink Pagoda

Powell Brower Home

Simple Details

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2