Painted Brick Fireplace

I'm thinking about painting the brick fireplace in our family room white.  I know it's hard to get a real visual here because I've never shown you pictures of this room since the original tour.  It's a pretty hard room to photograph because it doesn't get much natural light.  It's long and narrow with several doors and it's awkward layout has really made furniture arrangement a challenge.  I feel like we've only recently turned a corner in functionality in here.  So now the fun part can start.

Here's a mock-up of what I'm thinking.  Paint the side perimeter white but leave the hearth natural brick.  The inside (not sure what that part is called) is a hot mess of dirty bricks and I'm thinking of leaving that alone at this time as well. Matthew pretty much painted every surface white in this room except for the fireplace. We were waiting to live with it for a while before rushing into a white explosion.  I think it's time.

Or I could just really go crazy and paint the hearth too.  I would still the inside alone at this point.   There was a gas insert placed inside and was a working wood burning fireplace before that.  Right now it's neither.    We need to get a professional in there before I mess with it at all.  Again, not a project for right now.

Here are some rooms that feel so much brighter because the fireplace brick was painted white.  I am absolutely on board with the look.  I'm sold.  Now I just need to convince Matthew.  He feels like maybe it's going to be too much white.  Too coastal in our non-coastal house.  Thoughts?

And here is where we started last summer.  We ripped up the carpet and painted the wood paneling white.  It's made a HUGE difference.  I think painting the brick white will be the final step.  I am fully aware that once you paint, it's nearly impossible to go back.  What do you think?  Do you love the look of white painted brick?

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2