Our Weekend

Thanks so much for your feedback last week on what machine you use to make your coffee.  I spent some time investigating the new Nespresso Virtuoline and the Keurig over the weekend.  It's safe to say I'm obsessed with the quality of the Nespresso, hands down.  It froths without milk.  Bam.  The Keurig seems a bit more reasonable and less of a splurge so I can't rule that out yet either.  But I drink a lot of coffee.  In fact, I'd say I'm never without it except around happy hour wine time.  So maybe it's worth the splurge right?  I just need to figure out just how many cups of coffee I can order at Starbucks before I start seeing a justified savings.  Will keep you posted on what we decide.

As I mentioned on Friday, Matthew and I celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary this weekend.  We have crammed a lot into five years.  Four homes, two states, lost jobs, new jobs, one dog, and two kids.  I don't even want to think about the gallons of paint and diapers we've been through.

So to celebrate we pretty much went on an adventure in food eating.  Starting with happy hour cheese plate on the front porch and ending with gourmet donuts on a rainy Sunday morning.  I think I'm going to have to eat salad all week to compensate all the nonsense I consumed.  My parents took the kids for the day on Saturday and we pretty much just went from one place to the next eating and drinking wine and shopping.  It's really fun to have a day date and spend time together in the sunshine.  Sharing several hours in a row together and not just cramming in two or three quickly for date night.  It was perfect.

I got the sweetest surprise in the mail from Shop Poppy Style.  She designed the turquoise spike necklace just for me and I'm in love with it!  I was so curious to she what she came up with after I gave her a very odd description of my style.  Preppy but not too predictable.   A statement piece but still delicate and not too over the top.  Turquoise and gold. This is pretty much perfection.

She's going to be making a few more of these and adding them to the shop soon.   It's such a fun addition.  It's a little bit preppy and a little bit boho, my favorite combination.

Gold Chain Links Necklace | Turquoise necklace from Shop Poppy Style | striped shirt from last year (similar here and here) | Tan Blazer from last season (similar version here, here or here) | Jeans | Juliska Breakfast Cup (pictured above)

Big thanks to Style Me Pretty for featuring me in their list of Amazing Blogs to Follow!  To say I'm in good company is a major understatement.  Lots of talent floating around out there.

http://www.stylemepretty.com/collection/204/picture/1412394/

Enough about me.  What did y'all do this weekend?  Hopefully something outside on Friday and Saturday.  I don't want to discuss the impending forecast for tomorrow. We're supposed to get more snow here.  I can't even talk about it. That's going to make for a very long week.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2