Help me help my new house

Hi, I'm Julie Warner, creator of Kitchen and Home Appliance Blog for my own family's equipment organization, Warners' Stellian.

This is my second put up as a guest blogger for Paul (right here's my preceding submit).

Paul counseled I use this possibility to solicit assist from you all in decorating my first residence, which I may be stepping into in June.

My friend took this image of me throughout the home inspection (note the legs within the pantry within the historical past). I'm sitting among the residing room and kitchen, likely guffawing nervously at the chance of creating such a lot of design choices.

The house owners' modern-day colorings of blue and yellow do not specifically in shape my taste. And simply, they're the precise colours of each my high faculty and university (Go Marquette!). So, these feel extra like my past than my future.

I'm thinking gray -- darker within the dwelling room, lighter in the kitchen. The living room has a whole lot of light, as does the kitchen, to a lesser degree. We're ripping up the carpet to expose the hardwood flooring of this 1953 residence.

My friend (and future roommate) that took this photograph is inheriting the furnishings for our dwelling room (pictured in its present day home):

Not pictured is an outsized chair that suits the sofa. The biggest hurdle?

Blue laminate countertops. Right now they quite a whole lot in shape the dwelling room wall (the bright color starts to make experience proper approximately now).

What I'd love your assist on:

Wall colorations

Are grays a very good choice?

Ceiling fan

You can form of see the blue ceiling fan in the above image. I'd want to replace it with some thing much less....Blue. I'd be open to innovative ideas.

Accent shades

I'd love to do a gold or mustard inside the living room, however I'm lost for the kitchen because of the project of the blue countertops. For example, I'm afraid to set out my crimson Viking food processor.

Furniture

The couch is a chunk drab, but I'll gladly take it because I'm saving my pennies for a European dishwasher, Electrolux steam washing machine, Miele vacuum and Vermont Castings grill (I'm any such product of my environment).

I'm also no longer positive if I have to paint the timber fixtures black. We may want to in all likelihood suit any other chair or loveseat, if I can provide you with a good concept for what I should have.

I also want to devise a plan for the small consuming location (behind the breakfast bar in the photo), for which we have a blond timber table and four chairs. We can paint the ones too, if we want.

Help?

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2