When did ping pong tables get hip?

I grew up with a ping pong table in the basement. I think having a ping pong table in the basement is in the Declaration of Independence or something. Right? It was good for an occasional grudge match with my brothers but other than that it didn't occupy a very big part of my life as a kid. It got replaced by a pool table some time when I was in high school and I don't think anyone mourned the loss.

Well a curious factor has befell within the last few years and of path I'm at a loss to give an explanation for it. Ping pong tables were given hip sooner or later and I am at a loss to see the the appeal of them.

I suspect my BFF Jonathan Adler has some thing to do approximately it and regardless of the fact that we are on every different's Facebook Friends lists, I still have troubles aplenty with the man's aesthetic.

Why Adler? Exhibit A. Here he is at home with Simon and that canine.

The eye rolling begins.

It's not just Adler. Here's one by Paul Smith.

It's a little treasured, do not you observed?

Here's some other one pretending to be haute design and failing miserably. It's by means of Hunn Wei for the Mein Gallery.

And in what must be the unholiest alliance of goofy traits in human records, here's one by using Aruliden for Puma.

It carries a $4,000 charge tag and has a chalkboard floor. Chalkboard paint and ping pong in a single fell swoop?

I wonder if Apartment Therapy knows about this?

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2