Real Life: A simple Picnic

We had the most awesome picnic yesterday at the end of our street.  Nothing fancy.  We spread out an old sheet and feasted on soy yogurt, bananas, applesauce, raisins, pretzels, and hummus.  It lasted about 15 minutes.  These are the kind of memories I'm slowly working on making with my two.  It's hard to find the motivation to do much with them out of the ordinary when it's usually met with whining or potty breaks.  But we sat down to eat our feast and then ran to the fence to call the chickens.  Simple moments like this are so easy and make such lasting memories.  Just an old sheet and a normal lunch.  Al fresco.

Last week we had three visits to the ER and a snake and baby bird incident on our porch.  We needed this bit of calm.  What simple things do you do this time of year to make an ordinary day feel special?

I also wanted to mention that the Nordstrom Women's & Kids Half-Yearly Sale started today.  I know it's confusing with so many sales coming at you all the time, but it's really a good time to stock up on classics or splurge on some favorites.

I thought I'd round up some of my favorites for kids too!  These are all items or brands that we have at home and love.  They wash and wear so well.  Check out some of my favorites below from the Kids Sale.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2