One Room Challenge: Week 3

Well here we are at week three of the One Room Challenge.  Half way to the finish line.  I have to say, I'm feeling really good about the pace of my room.

I really appreciate everyone's input last week with my flooring and seating dilemma.  I haven't lived with wall-to-wall carpeting with kids before and your insight into the upkeep was priceless.  I decided against it.  I'm using a large 9x12 Sisal Herringbone rug to anchor the room.  We already have this same rug in our family room and it's held up well over the past year of heavy duty traffic so I felt good about putting another down in this space.  Some soft layers on top are going to be a must though because it's not the softest rug.

I've started adding back in some toys to the room which is automatically brightening things up.  I'm really happy with my plan to stick to mostly neutrals in this space because I knew that would happen.  I have to keep in mind this is a playroom after all, so a colorful bounty of toys is a good thing!  Large scale wicker baskets help keep a lot of the mess at bay.

I've figured out a solution to my seating problems as well.  I'm actually not going to purchase anything new.  I'm going to have slipcovers made for my existing slipper chairs.  They're in near perfect condition but I'm a bit over the pattern and style.  I think adding a floor-length skirt similar to the chair below will really help give them a bigger presence.  I used some white towels to mock up what that might look like before I pull the trigger on fabric purchases.  I'm really happy with them.  They're really comfortable and good for climbing toddlers!

I'm going to go with white cotton duck so all of you that swear via white slip-covers higher not be main me astray!

My plans for this coming week involve making a tee-pee so sure to check back in for progress or extra glasses of wine consumption!  There are about a million tutorials on pinterest.  Wish me luck!

I'm also over the moon excited about my Painted Dessert Rug from Lulu & Georgia that's on it's way.  It's going to be a small addition to the teepee project but I know it will add that special bang to the space!

Of course, I'm already starting to enjoy spending a lot of time in our playroom so I know I've made a good decision using this space for the One Room Challenge this round.  With all this rain lately I've been hanging out in Plum Pretty Sugar jammas around the clock!

________________________________________________________________

Click here if you want to start at the beginning and as always, please check out the other fabulous ladies to see what they've been up to this week!

Calling it Home

Chinoiserie Chic

Classic Casual Home

Cottage and Vine

Design Addict Mom

Design Crisis

Design Indulgence

Design Manifest

The English Room

The Green Room Interiors

Henhurst Interiors

Little Black Door

Maddie's Nest

Mix And Chic

My Notting Hill

The Pink Pagoda

Shelter

Simple Details

The Vault Files

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2