Five for Friday

Friday.  Let's go.

I'm off to a kids consignment sale this morning with both kids in tow, wish me luck.  I'm hoping to score some deals on outside play toys.  We are majorly lacking in driveway play.  We don't really have any plans for this weekend, which is a nice change.  After all this rain, I'm hoping the weather cooperates.  We're going to try to head over to a Derby Party on Saturday, if the kids are cooperating.  Mint Juleps + Wells + Tagg, wish me luck.  What are your weekend plans?

I know I'm super inconsistent with these, hey that's my life, but I've got another Five for Friday for you today.

1. I'm completely in love with this skirt from Kate Spade.  It's currently on sale and if you order by 5/5 you get free shipping in time for Mother's Day.  I wore it to a wedding last weekend and I can't wait for the next occasion to throw it on.  It's really easy to dress up or down and is really flattering.  Plus it has pockets.  Done.  I'm thinking it will make it's first reappearance on Mother's Day.

2. I received this awesome canvas this week from the sweet people at Canvas Discount and I can't wait to hang it.  I never display pictures of me and the kids but this sweet moment was too sweet and I want to remember it for a long time. Canvas Discount has so many affordable options, including this current deal.  It's not fine art, but it's a fun and inexpensive way to showcase a memory.  The perfect addition to a gallery wall.  I've got mine resting on top of the bookshelf in the playroom.

3. I'm clearly having a Betty Draper moment this Spring.  Loving a big feminine skirt with a tucked in blouse.  So comfortable and practical with kids.  I feel special and pretty but not over the top.  I'm not a trend follower at this stage in the game.  I know what I like and what looks good on me.  I'll stick with what I love.

4. This wastebasket from Jayes Studio started out in Wells' room but has managed to live in no less than four rooms since.  I'm pretty obsessed and love the pop of color it adds.  Such a perfect addition for Spring.  Pretty much everything from this line is amazing and would make a splendid Mother's Day gift.  Hint Hint.

5. I'm pretty in love with the changes we've been making to our master bedroom in the new house.  I'm especially obsessed with the Addison Headboard in talc linen and the Cottage Vanities in pure white sent over by Home Decorators Collection.  The headboard is so fresh but still traditional.  And man is it cozy.  I found that we don't need our usual line up of three Euro Shams in the back so it's saving me at least 2 minutes when making the bed in the morning.

We're using two matching vanities as bed side tables.  The extra size is much more in proportion than traditional nightstands and the added space leaves room for all my bedtime necessities.  I can't stand when there isn't room for my iPad, drink, a magazine, tissue box, and a good sized lamp to all fit.  I also love that it's an open bottom so visually it doesn't take up a lot of space.  There is plenty of room for a large basket if you need added storage (like for a certain person's sleeping bag).  I've got a little stool tucked up under my side right now but I'd love to replace that with a little upholstered bench and actually use it as a vanity.  The drawer is really large and would easily hold all of my makeup.

Click below to shop the post!

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2