New House Progress: The Living Room

Well following along from last week, I thought I'd give y'all a quick tour of what's been going on in the living room.  I've been playing around with furniture layout.  The round couch is a great statement piece but honestly it makes placing furniture around it pretty hard.  The room is really long so I decided to break it up into three zones.  I think that helps to keep it feeling cozy and encourages us to use this room.  I also moved the scatter rug from the front zone to the back zone which really helps that area feel a part of the room.

Both sets of chairs need to be re-protected and I want new pillows and accessories, and the mantle want to be styled, and blah blah blah. Let's simply recognition at the development and furnishings association nowadays!

As for paint:  The walls are Benjamin Moore Classic Gray, trim and fireplace are Designer White from Sherwin Williams, and the ceiling is Two in One Paint & Primer Ceiling Paint from Lowes.

And here's a look at my first attempt.  The couch is so hard and my first thought was to float it in the back of the room and create a large sitting area with the four chairs and anchored by the couch.  I actually liked each area on it's own but it just wasn't working together as a whole room.  It feels so much smaller like this and didn't lend itself to being used.  Awkward.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2