Big Boy Room Ideas

I know y'all are still waiting patiently to see Wells' Big Girl Room so it may seem pre-mature to start talking about Tagg's Big Boy Room.  But when you have babies 17 months apart, this happens.  We bought a second crib for Tagg so that Wells' transition would happen exactly when she was ready, regardless of her brother's arrival or sleep habits.  I'm glad we waited the extra few months until after she was two.  She was ready and the transition was seamless.

How did we know she was ready?  Her perfect 7pm-7am sleep schedule was being interrupted almost nightly by screaming and crying and lots of rolling around.  She just couldn't get comfortable.  We knew it was time.  I was incredibly worried the whole thing would be a debacle.  But she did great.  She slept even better in her big girl bed.

Now on to Tagg.  He's been a bit of a wild card in the sleep department, to say the least.  He was right on target with Wells as an infant and started sleeping through the night around 4 months.  This all went out the window when he was 10 months old and got a terrible stomach virus and had to be hospitalized for three nights.  Poor baby was sick, and hungry.  And decided he very much liked sleeping next to his momma.

While we're not quite ready for the big move out of the crib I've decided to proactively start thinking about his big boy room.  I do better working on things slowly with a plan.  I make better purchases this way.  I want something classic and preppy with just a little bit of woodsy thrown in to keep it from being too sweet.

We haven't currently done much to his room since we moved in because I knew this transition was coming.  So we'll be keeping the freshly painted BM Classic Gray walls and existing dresser and changing table.  I want to add in navy buffalo check.  Because I love it.  Roman Shades in lieu of panels.  And lots of ways to monogram.

What do you think?  When did you move your babes out of a crib?  Did you transition them with a toddler bed or convert your crib or go straight for a big bed?  What size?  I'd love to do a queen for him, but we already have a twin frame available so that's what we'll use I think.  And there is something so precious about a little one in a twin bed.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2