Painted Countertops

I recently turned all of my sidebar pictures into buttons. ---->

So that you could click on the photograph and it will take you to the associated put up.

And ever since I've been getting a lot of comments about my Kitchen Makeover. Once again, this is the Ugly, Ugly Before:

I painted all of the cabinets white. And I also painted the counter tops. Which I've been getting a lot of questions about. So I want to address them some more. Here were my counter tops before. Just a light baby blue that just wasn't doing it for me..

So I picked up a can of Rust-Oleum counter top paint from Lowe's. It comes in

20 distinct shades, and I pick Taupe.

You definitely just roll it on your countertops. The Smell may be very very strong and it takes approximately 3 days to dry. So If you intend to color yours, I might advise doing it at some stage in hotter climate when you could go away your doors and windows open or even right earlier than you head out of metropolis for a few days due to the fact you will quite plenty be out of a kitchen for awhile.

Here is my after:

So the biggest questions I've received is "How have they held up?" Um to answer that, not great! This here is a picture of where my kids sit:

So it receives allot of wear and tear and tare in that vicinity and it has scratch a chunk.

But I Seriously could nevertheless propose this product and here is why;

1. It's a easy, inexpensive, Do -It yourself product. I did it all by myself in less than an hour.

and 2. It only took half the can to do my whole counter tops so one of these days, I'll get around to touching it up. It's No big deal for me.

Yes Ideally I would like to have Butcher Block, marble or even cement counter tops, however this is some thing it truly is going to have to wait some years. So this has been a amazing alternative.

So I wish that cleared up all of your questions. And if you do still plan to paint your counter tops, I'd love to look how they turned out.

Ok and Now I just wanted to show off Something that I just Won! Am I a Lucky Girl or What? Robin at Happy at Home was celebrating her 200 followers and had a lovely little giveaway

She made this Farmhouse Sign, It's certainly a mini model of a huge one she has in her personal domestic. Plus I get these 3 bottles with quite little labels

And, it's no longer it. This Gorgeous Hand sewn , ruffled desk runner. I love the fabric.

Thanks Again Robin.

If your not allready a follower, make sure you stop by her cute little blog.  She's always got something crafty going on.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2