New House: Dining Room Update, Table and Chairs

Poor Matt has literally been slaving away for three solid days now trying to remove the wallpaper in our dining room.  It's awful.  Layer after layer that was not properly installed on paper.  Just glue straight on sheet rock.

I, on the other hand, happened to make some major progress on the design front.  Major.  I snagged the most beautiful dining table and chairs off craigslist.  The table has two leaf inserts and 8 upholstered cane back chairs.  Two hostess chairs, and six regular chairs.  It's the most beautiful wood tone and the white upholstery is in really great shape.  Pinch me.  I never find things like this in my price range.  They are made by Ethan Allen, so while not antique, I still know the quality is outstanding.  Did I mention I found them on craigslist.  I've been looking for over two years.  I think that's the key, persistence and patience.  I'm so in love.

They all got shoved into the back of the yukon and immediately into our living room because I couldn't bear to not look at them right away.  I can't wait for Matt to finish up painting the walls, and trim and ceiling, in the dining room so I can move these beauties to their new home.

I know I said this room was going to be informal and used everyday, but I might have to rethink my plans.  It's like how you build your whole wedding around the dress.  This is the dress.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2