American design in Melbourne

Reader Elisabeth from Melbourne responded to my question about how American design shows up abroad this morning with a link to an Australian company called American Homes. From what I can gather, American Homes sells house plans in the "American" style to Australian homeowners .

When I consider Melbourne, I think about ancient systems like this one from Wikimedia:

When I suppose of new construction in Melbourne, I consider this domestic from FindNew.Com.Au.

Maybe I'm naive and feature a stilted view of Australian housing, however what American Homes is selling is a slice of the Atlanta suburbs. Check these out:

Ugh. Those things look awful enough in an American suburb however they need to appear definitely out of area in suburban Melbourne. Australians and all people else, is that correct? Elisabeth and her fellow Australians, do people definitely purchase homes like this? Do these "American" fashion houses have a reputation anywhere else in the international? Let's listen from throughout!

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2