Seasonal Simplicity Home Tour - Our Outdoor Spaces

Only two more weeks until it's officially summer!  Although I've been calling it summer ever since my boys got out of school a few weeks ago because it definitely already feels like summer around here; Long sunny days, bbq's, sprinklers, baseball, and all of the other fun stuff that comes along in summer time. I love summer! How about you?

Today, I'm joining some blogging friends for our week long Summer addition to the Seasonal Simplicity Home Tours, hosted by April and Krista. At the end of this post you can find all of the other bloggers links, so if you're anything like me and love to peek inside other peoples homes to see how they decorate for the seasons, then you'll definitely want to follow along.

If you are already following along on the tour then you are probably stopping by from one of my favorite blogs,Nina Hendrick. Nina has such a lovely home.

So Welcome! Here is our sweet little 1924 cottage home. It's located on a quaint tree-lined street surrounded by several other charming homes. I adore our little cottage, but  I do dream about painting it white one day. We are also looking into remodeling the front porch and sidewalks sometime soon.

One of my favorite things about summer is that the warm weather lets us expand our living spaces, allowing the backyard to become a bonus room.  We spend a lot of time outside during summer, and so for this tour, I thought I'd do something a little different and share with you our outdoor spaces.  And then you can come back in a week or so where I'll be sharing a tour of the interior of our home. Be sure you are following me by e-mail,Instagram, or Facebookso you don't miss out.

Now permit's head across the residence to our backyard.

This is wherein you may find my boys gambling, going for walks via the sprinklers, or simply relaxing in the hammock.

I got THIS hammock last year and it's been a really nice addition to our backyard.  This area on our patio is always shaded so it makes for the perfect napping spot.

Back by way of our garage, I have set up a potting station in which I can save all of my gardening equipment.

It's so quality to have everything I want to re-plant a plant or perform a little gardening together in one spot.

Our picnic table is located conveniently next to the back door.  We love to dine outside a lot during the summer. You probably remember when I gave this picnic table a new look. You can re-visit that post HERE.

We live near the city park and love to walk over there almost every day.  I hung up my boy's tennis rackets so that they are easy to grab on their way over, while a  jar or fresh cold water awaits them for when they return.

Our backyard also has a patio with a hot tub. Last summer I stained all of the deck as well as painted our hot tub.  You can find those post here and here. You won't believe the before and after!

It's actually exciting to take a seat in the hot bath and appearance out into the rest of the outdoor. At night time all of the sun strength lanterns light up which is virtually a laugh.

I actually have a huge collection of wind chimes. I simply love the sound they all make on a breezy day.

This playhouse turned into within the outdoor whilst we sold our home, and due to the fact I even have two boys, it truely made the house experience love it was supposed to be ours.

Up pinnacle you'll find a couple of bean bag chairs and packing containers that hold summer toys like water guns and bubbles, while down underneath I've created a chilled seating vicinity with a few old wicker furniture that I these days spray painted black.

I'll probably post a before and after of the wicker furniture sometime soon.  The black paint made such a difference. Before the pieces all looked mixed matched, but now it looks like a set.

This is a incredible little spot to sit down down with a cup of coffee in the morning, or a pitcher of wine within the evening and take a second to loosen up and experience the peacefulness of our outside.

I brought out my beautiful faux orchid arrangement from inside and couldn't believe how much it liven up the space.

And that concluded the tour of our out of doors areas.

I desire that I have inspired you in some manner or some other to fix up your outdoor spaces too.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask them in a comment below, or come chat with me on Instagram or Facebook.

Thanks for stopping with the aid of,

Emily

Next up on the tour is the gorgeous home of my friend, Alicia, from A Burst of  Beautiful.  I'm excited to see it too, so let's head on over together :)

Enjoy the excursion!

Monday

House by Hoff / House of Wood /Refresh Restyle /Cassie Bustamante /That’s My Letter

Tuesday

The Happy Housie /Simplicity in the South /at HOME with the barkers /Sincerely, Sara D.

Wednesday

Nina Hendrick Design Co. /The Wicker House /A Burst of Beautiful /Paint Me Pink /Town and Country Living

Thursday

At Charlotte’s House /Just a Girl and Her Blog /House 214 Design /Robb Restyle

Friday

My Fabuless Life /The Turquoise Home /Erin Spain /Place of My Taste /Cherished Bliss

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2