Family Room Update: Furniture Arrangement

I know I'm supposed to be focused on Christmas still but honestly I'm already onto permanent changes in the family room.  We had to move two cane chairs out of the dining room to accommodate the Christmas tree and it's caused the usual whole-house furniture shuffle. Does that happen in  your house too?  Then we tested the tv above the fireplace last night (which I love by the way) and I realized things are about to get crazy different from the last time I shared this space and I haven't even showed you my latest progress shot.

So this morning I want to stop and show you where we are right now before we make some major changes in this room over the next few weeks (months?).  We've got some fun projects coming up that will hopefully make a major impact in the flow of our house.  First up, tearing out those built-ins on the far wall and cutting an opening into the dining room. I know!  Exciting right?!

Our house struggles with light flow and I'm really excited that one project will really positively impact both. We're going to try to salvage two of cabinets to re-use in the dining room so the storage will actually be more practical.  The shelves in here just always feel so cluttered and we're lacking for storage in the dining room.  I would love somewhere to display and store my china and serving pieces and the family room isn't the best place for that.  Problem solved.

As always, these are just progress shots and not final reveals.  But I love seeing how other people's spaces evolve over time and I need to be consistent with that over here as well.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2