ONE ROOM CHALLENGE | WEEK ONE

WELCOME!  Today is a day I always love...WEEK ONE of the ONE ROOM CHALLENGE!

For those of y'all who have followed along on these adventures in decorating with me in the past I'll cut right to the chase.  I'm giving our Master Bedroom a makeover!  For those of you who are just tuning in from instagram, the ORC is the brainchild of Linda from Calling It Home.  It is a community effort of twenty design enthusiast bloggers who all decorate one room in six weeks.  It's not a competition, the challenge refers to pushing yourself to focus on just one space from start to finish with an online support group cheering you on!

And for y'all who have just found my blog via other One Room Challenge participants I'll take just a second to introduce myself.  My name is Julia!  I'm a wife and mama to a three year old boy + a four year old girl.  I currently live in Richmond, Virginia although I spent the previous ten years in Charleston and Pawleys Island, South Carolina so I'm heavily influenced by a laid-back coastal lifestyle.  Full disclosure, I'm more of do it for me than a do it yourself-er although the practical side of me always pushes to make things work.  I love yoga pants or skinny jeans with flats.  I'm obsessed with dry shampoo + curling wands and pink lipstick.  I work a little bit outside of my home but a whole lot inside of it.  This is our third house and I love making it a home.  I'm glad you're here!

MASTER BEDROOM

Over the past year we have made some pretty drastic changes to our master bedroom that have really helped to freshen up and brighten the space.  So we aren't starting off today with a total hot mess in desperate need of attention, but as you scroll down you'll see blank wall after blank wall.  It's time to fix that and I'm so excited to share this process with all of you!

I will be completely honest here and tell you that the hardest part for me is making a space that both my husband and I love.  Matthew and I don't always agree on aesthetic or specific items, you relate right?  So it's going to be quite the challenge to design both the space I really love and want to showcase and a space that my husband loves!  Thankfully we both agree on a light and bright and airy space.  He wants more of a sparse and modern luxury hotel look and I like a bit more of a traditional feel with a little coastal eclectic thrown in so merging those two ideas will be our biggest challenge.

Because no real makeover is complete without a true before, I will gift you with this gem we inherited from the previous owners.  I can't even tell you how many painstaking hours is took to get this wallpaper removed.  We used every single method on the internet and nothing helped it to come down but sheer determination one inch at a time.  How do other people manage to tear off paper whole sheets at a time?  Anyway, good bones, good space.  Just needs updating.

And now on to the plan!  I'm going to discuss this process and my selections more in depth in the  next few weeks but I'll share my overall direction with you today.  Anyone who has been following along here for long knows I LOOOOOVE to change my mind and I operate on real time so we'll see if this is really where I end up!  Isn't that the fun part though?

Jana Bek?/Autumn Clemons?/Coco Kelley?/The English Room?/Vanessa Francis?/Greige Design?/Hi Sugarplum?/I Heart Organizing?/Jenna Sue Design?/Stephanie Kraus?/The Pursuit of Style /Savvy Home?/Simple Details?/Simply Grove?/6th Street Design?/Jill Sorensen?/Swoon Worthy?/Waiting on Martha?/Kimberly Schlegel Whitman

I am so honored to be a part of such a fabulous list of bloggers!  A few of my very favorites that I know you'll recognize are on here and some new to me blogs that you'll love as well!  Be sure to check out the progress from the other participants below. I promise they won't disappoint!

Jana Bek /Autumn Clemons /Coco+Kelley /The English Room /Vanessa Francis /Greige Design /Hi Sugarplum /I Heart Organizing /Jenna Sue Design /Stephanie Kraus /The Pursuit of Style /Savvy Home /Simple Details /Simply Grove /6th Street Design /Jill Sorensen /Swoon Worthy /Waiting on Martha /Kimberly Schlegel Whitman

Trademarked byCalling it Home

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2