New House: Big Boy Room Progress

I'm (mostly) happy to report that Tagg is now officially in a big boy bed.  We made the switch over the weekend and it's gone fine.  Even nap time hasn't been disturbed.  The only slight wide eye was when he joined me downstairs in the kitchen unexpectedly yesterday after he quietly woke up from his nap.

We placed the bed against the wall exactly where his crib had been and also installed a safety rail to the front side.  We did this with Wells for about a year to help ensure she didn't roll out.  We also left his crib in his room so he could make the choice as to which bed wanted to sleep in.  Of course there was not a single bit of hesitation on his part.  "Me yike dis big kid bed! Dat udder bed for babies.  Me BIG!"  I was the only one who wasn't quite ready.  I most definitely teared up when this bed went up.  I am beyond thankful to have a little boy who is growing up and moving on to big things.  But he's my baby, possibly my last baby, and it's really much harder watching him grow up than it has been with Wells who is just 17 months ahead of him.

Back to the room, this bed was my Dad's when he was growing up and I love that Tagg gets to use it!  There is a mate waiting in the attic at my parents house if we ever decide to go the double twin route.  Rather than rehabbing the old wood, she painted it the most delicious shade of apple green.  I wasn't convinced that I wanted the green.   But Tagg's favorite colors are blue and green (like Thomas and Percy).  Charcoal gray would have been more in tune with my aesthetic but this is much more fun.  And I think we have so few years to embrace his small-ness.  Let's face it, he's in love with his new green bed and so am I.

Everything else in his room has stayed the same.  I've been making choices for his room with intention so that the nursery could easily transition into little boy room without a complete overhaul.  The two prints above his bed came from my husband's childhood room.  The calligraphy print is my all-time favorite, "Little boys should not be made to go to bed, they always wake up a day older."  It's by my insta-friend Aedriel and I had it printed just for Tagg.  I popped it in a Ribba frame from Ikea.  I can't look at this print without tearing up.

I'm really happy with how his room is looking.  It's the first view as you walk up the stairs so I wanted it to be just right.  Classic and preppy with an old vibe.  So Tagg.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2