An interesting idea from Germany

Blanco sinks had me in Germany last month to attend Cologne's annual furniture show, the IMM. A big part of the IMM is the kitchen category and this year, it had its own name for the first time, The Living Kitchen.

The Living Kitchen turned into an extravaganza and its size and scope dwarfed its US equivalent, KBIS. My job at the Living Kitchen became to walk round, take photos and file back the matters I saw. It turned into a tough undertaking but anyone had to do it.

I saw a lot of stuff in Cologne, too much almost. But there were a couple of overarching trends I have a feeling we'll start seeing in the US eventually. The most noticeable one I saw was a move away from fat, chunky counters.

The counters on absolutely half of of the kitchens displayed in Cologne were a centimeter thick. At first I became jarred by using how skinny they had been however the greater I noticed them, the extra intrigued I became.

In the USA, the desired counter thickness is 1-half" and also you get close to that by using the usage of 3cm counter material. Sometimes, a given stone simplest is available in 2cm and while forced to use 2cm cloth, I'd constantly felt as though I have been dishonest my customers.

After seeing a whole change show full of 1cm counters I'm a convert.

What do you think? Could a 1cm counter ever make you satisfied?

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2