Undermount sinks with laminate counters? Yes you can.

For as long as I've been part of the Kitchen and Bath Industry, I've believed the maxim that undermounting a sink with a laminate counter was impossible. But then last January I found myself the guest of Blanco at the trade show IMM in Cologne. It was at Blanco's booth that I saw this.

That is a porcelain kitchen sink it's been undermounted to a laminate counter. I'd in no way visible some thing adore it and it sort of blew my thoughts.

Here's a close up of the edge of that sink.

I chalked it up as simply one extra of those matters that might never go the Atlantic.

Then a couple of months ago at Cersaie in Bologna I saw this vanity by Duravit . Sure enough, that's another undermounted sink with a laminate counter.

Around the corner from that show turned into a cross section of the sort of installations.

Remarkable.

Well yesterday morning I was on Twitter as I'm wont to do and I started having a conversation with the Formica Corporation ( @FormicaGroup ) and two designers from England, Marion John ( @Majjie ) and Russ Buckley( @russrb ).

The subject matter turned to undermounting sinks with laminate counters and I confirmed them those images of the Duravit displays I'd visible in Italy. Then Formica posted this picture of an undermounted stainless sink in a counter laminated of their Calacatta Marble sample from their 180fx Series.

After ten minutes of oooohs and ahhhhs and trying to figure out how on earth you could make a waterproof seal in an installation like that, Formica pulled out this video from Karran sinks .

Mystery solved.

Now, this won't work with just any sink and the labor involved will not make this an inexpensive option. However, should you find an installer willing to do this, you can now show him or her a video that explains how to do it. Thanks Formica and thanks Karran for making this information public.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2