Out, out damned termites

The exterminator just left.

Life in a century-old, wooden structure comes at a price. Namely, drywood termites. Drywoods are one of the three kinds of termites we have in Florida. Whatever their species, they're bad news.

Thru

There are termite species that live throughout however they seem to specially common in the sun belt. I in no way don't forget them once I lived within the Northeast. In Florida but, they're a part of the scenery. Just like palmetto bugs, having termites isn't a reflection on a person's house responsibilities. Even so, having them makes me feel grimy someway.

When I first moved here, the most effective remedy for them became to have the residence tented and dealt with with Vikane. Vikane is sulfuryl flouride, a exceedingly inert gasoline. These days we spot treat with a product referred to as Termidor and it promises to kill every termite within the vicinity but at the identical time be inert to me due to the fact I'm a mammal and have a backbone, Termidor doesn't have an effect on me. At least according the studies Dow's executed.

Back to Vikane for a sec but. Sulfuryl flouide is a greenhouse gas and its substantial use is a terrible idea. In its area, spot remedies with Termidor are becoming the default mode for termites.

Part of me longs for a day when I could just eliminate everything but it makes sense to spot treat and not damage the atmosphere instead of the scorch and burn method I'd prefer.

The exterminator Steve told me that I shouldn't keep things so neat because he couldn't tell where the termites were. Pardon my hygiene. I'll start allowing dust buffaloes to form under my bed to make life easier for exterminators. Hah!

Does all of us out there have any enjoy with Termidor? Am I on my own in living in an vintage shape and coping with termites? I don't forget seeing termite nests in the bushes in Costa Rica and Panama and being awed by them. However, seeing them in my kitchen is whole different be counted. If they're in my kitchen, what are they doing to my floorboards and rafters? I need to give up questioning.

Out, out damned termites!

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2