Our Christmas Home Tour 2013

Jennifer Rizzo's holiday housewalk link party. Link up your home for a chance to be in next years house walk.

Fa La La La La La La La!

Like maximum of all of you, I love redecorating my domestic for Christmas.

And this yr I even have a brand new domestic to decorate, seeing that we moved in ultimate February.

I constantly try to make our domestic feel warm and cheery for the vacations.

We got a big snow storm come in over the weekend,  so now it feels even more festive around here.

So come on in and make yourselves at domestic.

When you first stroll in you are greeted into our residing regions. The eating room is to the left and the living room is to the right.

( I plan to paint this room after Christmas, I'm leaning towards the color around the french doors. I wish I had gotten it finished before I started decorating.  So try to picture it all in that nice fresh color).

:)

The Living room has antique french doorways that lead you into our office/solar room.

As you can see I brought in my vintage skis, which were from my lovely grandmothers house when she past.  They are special to me and I bring them out every Christmas.

Now back into the living room, this is where I have done most of the decorating.  This year I wanted to go with a Nordic theme.

My mother in law knitted us the adorable red and green sweater pillow.  I'm in LOVE with it.

She also knitted us a long white chain that goes around our tree. I had attempted it myself, but it turned into a knotted mess, so I had her take over.....  she just whipped it right out, she's good!

Here is our Christmas tree.

I shared how to make the tree skirt HERE

Around the tree is the knitted chain in addition to a purple and white checkered ribbon, that feels very Nordic to me.

And right here are some new embellishes I picked up half off at Hobby Lobby.

I also framed a few of my favorite wintry weather snap shots of the lads.

The boy's hung their favorite ornaments on the tree,  Angry birds!

I continually have fun decorating the mantel for Christmas.

It all started with this village I made.  I found a kit at a yard sale over the summer and knew I wanted to created a Christmas scene with it.  So I have been busy building, gluing and painting the little houses.  I can see how it could be a fun hobby for some,  but for me I found it too time consuming and tedious. I do not have patients for these kinds of things. But in the end, I think they look adorable.

I then delivered some wreaths, a strand of snowflakes on the same purple and white checkered ribbon, a few ebook page tree's and some other Christmas decorations.

It's nice to have an outlet on the fireplace wall, perfect for hanging up our lighted wreath.  I can turn it on and off with a switch.

A crate of pine cones sits in front of the fireplace as well as a box of wood.  One of these days we will have a fire in that fireplace, we're just a little bit weary of doing it for the first time.

I put together a short table putting the usage of some of our nutcrackers.

And then inside the kitchen I set up a hot cocoa stations, that's getting masses of use by way of my boys. They need their hot cocoa on every occasion whilst coming in from gambling within the snow.

I also decorated my bedroom for Christmas, you can see more of it in this post HERE

.

And this is about it for my Christmas adorning.

Today I am linking up to Jennifer Rizzo's Holiday Housewalk, which I enjoy every year. So many beautiful homes decorated for the Holiday's. Did you all have a chance to see them all?  If not you can catch up HERE.

Come join in at the fun, and proportion your property in the Holiday House Walk Linky Party.

Jennifer Rizzo's holiday housewalk link party. Link up your home for a chance to be in next years house walk.

Happy Holidays!

Emily

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2