I apologize to the world for my design crimes

Over the course of my profession as an active kitchen and bathtub fashion designer, I designed extra grasp baths that seemed like this than I care to confess. I always hated those cookie-cutter physical activities in more is more, however customers desired them and that they had been happy with the completed projects. No damage done, right?

Wrong. A little part of me died every time I set out to layout considered one of these items. Look at it. It's utterly without person or character. It's as if it had been designed for a future listing agent rather being designed for the person that paid for it and makes use of it every day. In truth, it became designed for a resale may take place in a while in the future. How is that any way to stay or to make your property a home?

It's beyond ironic that as the sun was setting on my career as a retail designer, I ended up at two major trade shows in Europe that showed me another way to look at bath design. Another show over there I'd love to see  starts this week in Frankfurt. That show is ISH and it's the holy of holies of the bath world .

In advance of ISH, German manufacturer Duravit released the Onto series by designer Matteo Thun. Onto is everything the bath above is not.

Duravit's Onto is beautifully designed and unique. It's made to last and it thumbs its nose at that future listing agent. It has a few other things going for it that aren't so apparent. It uses fewer resources, look great in a smaller room and it provides adequate storage. I'm calling it adequate storage for a reason.

I used to think that the world's ills could be solved by providing people with more storage. But the more I think about it the more that I see that providing more storage only encourages people to fill that storage with more stuff. Now I think the answer isn't to find more storage, it's to accumulate less crap. Adequate storage means enough space to put away a reasonable amount of stuff. Keep it coming Duravit .

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2