DIARY FREE, EGG FREE CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM RECIPE

My aunt gave us an ice cream maker at the beginning of the summer and I let it sit in our pantry for weeks because I was too intimidated to use it.  I stumbled across a few recipes while browsing on pinterest that looked really easy and decided to give it a whirl.  It was amazing.  Like crazy, lick the pan delicious.  I've yet to find a store-bought vegan ice cream that I liked and I'm really excited to be able to make our own now.  I'm not going to call this clean eating but I do love the short list of ingredients and the ability to make this treat with a tremendously reduced preservative and additive list than traditional store bought ice cream.  Plus as you know, I try really hard to keep a low dairy diet and ice cream has always been a challenge for me.  Not anymore!

Please note that you need to freeze your ice cream maker according to the directions (mine said 17-22 hours) before it's first use.  Be sure to do that before you promise your children real ice cream in twenty minutes like you saw on the recipes you read.

Dairy Free, Egg Free, Soy Free Homemade Soft-Serve Chocolate Ice Cream

1 can of unsweetened coconut milk

three tablespoons of cocoa powder

2 teaspoons of honey (or agave syrup) OR half of cup sugar

you don't want both.

Mix ingredients over medium low heat until smooth and then remove from stove top and allow to cool.  Add the mixture to your ice cream maker according to the directions.

I have been making this daily since I first posted this recipe (oops) and I've found that for best results, heat the mixture on the stove top and allow to cool in the fridge overnight.  This helps speed up the ice cream making process significantly.  For instance, I made a batch and left it in the frigde while we went out of town for the weekend.  I poured it into our ice cream maker a few days later and the ice cream only took 7 minutes to freeze instead of 20+.  Bonus!

This recipe really could be considered a personal size if you aren't careful with your portions!  All four of us were able to enjoy a small bowl like you see pictured above but were left wanting more.  I can also just imagine the possibilities of this simple recipe going forward.  With the coconut milk as your base you can mix in so many different flavor combinations!

My plan going forward is to make two batches back to back and place in a loaf pan, or air tight container to store in the freezer until it's ready to be enjoyed.  I'm hoping that will help with the quantity issue as well as help it to harden up a bit.  This recipe is definitely for a soft-serve style of ice-cream.  I'll be sure to keep you posted!

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2