A Fresh Duvet Cover with Crane & Canopy

Did you know that this week is make the bed week?  Very fitting considering I've been making a personal goal to make the bed each morning now that school is back in session.  I feel so much more organized and relaxed when my bed is properly made.  Not to mention, it looks pretty throughout the day and so much more inviting to hop into after a tiring day.

Crane & Canopy invited me to try out some of their bedding along with a few of my favorite bloggers in honor of make the bed week.  I knew right away that I would select a duvet and standard shams and choosing which style proved really fun.  I'm trying to make it really easy on myself with less fluff to put back on the bed each morning.  I am still super into white bedding and didn't want to go too crazy with color.  Not that those more bold choices aren't pretty, they're just not for me.  But I also didn't want to take the predictable route and get all white like I have in the past.  When I saw the Montgomery Beige I knew it was perfect.

When it arrived it was even better than I was predicting.  First of all, it's soft and smooth.  If the quality isn't there it doesn't matter how pretty it looks.  That's a deal breaker for me.  It feels slightly cool to the touch, if that makes sense.  The color is a the perfect beige to mix in with my whites.  I am smitten with it!  I wanted to immediately get it on my bed to check it out.  And then I couldn't wait to get it in the wash and back on so I could use it.

I'm so glad my package arrived so quickly so I could get a few washes in before talking to you about it.  Don't you just hate when something is perfect brand new and then craps out on you after a wash or two.  I would never want to give a positive review on something I didn't have a chance to really use first.  I'm pleased to say, this held up in the washer and dryer with no shrinking and no ironing needed.  My sister and my bestie would still want it ironed for that super crisp look, but I think it's just fine straight from the dryer.

A feature I really love is the zip closure rather than the traditional button up.  We have two duvets on our bed so it's nice eliminate a few minutes off that step.  Yes, two duvets.  I've mentioned before that my husband and I sleep with separate sheets.  That includes duvet covers.  You can eye-roll all you want but for two restless light sleeper cover-hogs this is a genius strategy.  As far as making the bed with two duvets, one gets laid out underneath the top blanket and the other folded at the end of the

bed.

I know you already know how to put on a duvet cover, but I've included two videos that I found on the Crane & Canopy website demonstrating two different techniques just in case you learn something new that makes it easier for you next laundry day.  I'm pretty intrigued by the California roll myself.

Be sure to check out Jennifer at The Pink Pagoda's room makeover reveal yesterday and be on the lookout on Thursday for Courtney's at A Thoughtful Place.

Thank you to Crane & Canopy for providing me with the lovely duvet cover and shams in this post and making my morning just a little bit prettier.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2