In unity there is strength

My title today is the translation from the Old DutchEen Draght Mackt Maght.Een Draght Mackt Maght is the motto of the Borough of Brooklyn, the second-most populous of New York's five boroughs. Brooklyn was an independent city from its founding in 1646 until 1898 when the five boroughs consolidated to form modern New York. Even though it's part of New York City, it's still its own county, Kings.

One of the main thoroughfares through Brooklyn is Flatbush Avenue. Flatbush is an anglicization of the Dutch phrasevlacke bos and it means "wooded flatlands." I took a walk along modern day vlack bos, Flatbush Avenue, and one of its many neighborhoods, Prospect Lefferts Gardens yesterday morning.

The place wherein I took my morning constitutional became founded by using a Dutch own family in 1660. By 1893 it was a unmarried estate that changed into owned via James Lefferts. Lefferts divided his holdings into six hundred masses and offered them to developers.

The neighborhood in which those photos had been taken were constructed among the past due 19th Century and the 1950s. It's the middle of Caribbean lifestyle in Brooklyn and it has a charm and marvel I cannot quite describe.

Ahhhh, could that I were an amazing photographer. Hah! Even so, I noticed a aspect to New York closing weekend I'd by no means seen before and I discovered the lesson so many before me have learned, that there may be existence beyond the Isle O' Manhattan.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2