I love you Delta Airlines

I've been keen on Delta Airlines for quite a while however on Sunday they did something for me that I can not imagine every other airline doing.

I fly to New York between three and four times a year and Delta has a flight that leaves Tampa at 7am and lands at LaGuardia at 9:30. It''s like time travel that flight. I wake up in my own bed but can be walking down Fifth Avenue by ten in the morning. I loathe early morning flights as a rule but with that particular flight, I can fly up on a Friday morning, go to meetings all day and then have the weekend to just be in New York.

I have a speaking engagement in New York on April 30th. I'll be sitting in a roundtable discussion at the annual meeting of the American Society of Journalists and Authors at the Roosevelt Hotel (if you're in New York please come!) Sitting at that table with me will be Dominique Browning, former editor of  House and Garden, Michael Cannell from the New York Times House and Home section, David Farley from the New York Times, the Washington Post and National Geographic Traveler and Saxon Henry who's published more work than any of us combined. And oh yeah, then there's little old me, the internet guy from St. Pete. No pressure.

Anyhow, I went to move purchase my airline tickets for this convention on Sunday after I paid my taxes. I'm a Delta frequent flyer so I went to their web page immediately rather than cope with Expedia. I booked my price tag for a departure on four/29 and a go back on 5/2.

As quickly as I accredited of the transaction I found out that I even have a meeting in New York on 5/2 and that I meant to fly domestic on 5/three. Crap!

Changing a flight after reserving contains a $150 price and I became already on part from the truth that my TPA to LGA flight price $50 more than it generally does.

Three minutes after I booked that flight I called Delta's customer service number and was connected with a human being immediately. On the other end of the line was Hilary, someone who deserves a raise and a commendation. I explained to Hilary that I'd just booked myself on a return flight for the wrong day and that I needed to change a three-minute-old transaction.

She instructed me now not to fear, that she'd cope with everything. She waived the change rate with the wave of her hand and proceeded to cancel my vintage reservation. She booked me on a new go back flight, seated me inside the aisle each approaches and saved me five bucks within the system.

I changed into already a fan of Delta Airlines however Hilary made me a raving, rabid fan. I can't consider any other airline that might forgo a handful of fees to make a customer glad.

Thank you Delta, you saved my long weekend in New York and you've earned the distinction as the official domestic carrier of Kitchen and Residential Design.

Besides, they've a protection video that is simply worth watching:

Pay interest to while she warns the target market about smoking on the airplane. Priceless!

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2