Caramelized Onion and Feta Tart (Trader Joe's Inspired) Recipe + Book Club

I hosted book club last night so I grabbed a few bottles of wine from Trader Joe's and a package of mini sugar cookies from Kroger.  I'm obsessed with their bakery cookies.  And I recreated one of my all time favorite appetizers from Trader Joe's.  The originals are good but I could easily eat $15 worth myself and I didn't want six trays of frozen bites to cook so I figured tit would be pretty easy to make something similar instead.  Om, it worked.  They were amazing hot and amazing straight out of the fridge this morning.  They were so easy to make and a fun alternative to dips.

Many of you requested some information about my book club so I figured I would give you the quick run down on what we're doing.  The loose format is that we meet once a week for a month and then take a month or so off before beginning the next round.  This way women who wanted to join in this first round but couldn't fit it into their schedule might be less hesitant to jump in later.  We also have chosen to alternate the format between a study/lecture and a book but all with God as the underlying theme.  It's not a bible study, per se, but there is an intention that we distinguish this night from our usual wine nights by centering around a common yearning for a deeper connection to God and others. A purposeful evening where we can dig deeper and support one another.  I think it's something so many of us crave but don't exactly know how to fulfill.

The first book we read was Redeeming Love.  This was my first taste of Christian Fiction.  I can't exactly say I'm hooked but I did appreciate the overall themes of forgiveness and how easy it was to read.  As one of our members said, it was like Bible Fan Fiction.  Which literally made me spit out my wine.  She wasn't wrong.  From a literary standpoint I didn't love it because it was a simple and obvious story.  But it reminded me of the bible stories for kids that present a message plainly so you can quickly understand it.  I really liked that.

We're starting back up in April and doing the series Restless.  Has anyone read either of these?  Have you ever been a part of a God centered book club as opposed to an actual bible study?  I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Caramelized Onion and Feta Tart

In a bowl, combine a package of whipped cream cheese and a package of feta cheese crumbles.  It's easiest if these are both room temperature.  Stir in *caramelized onion and smear the mixture evenly onto the **pizza dough with a knife.  Bake according to the directions on the package.  Ours was 425 for 14 minutes.

*How to caramelize an onion

Chop onion into superb thin slivers

Melt 2 Tbsp of butter in a skillet over medium warmth

Add in the chopped onion and stir

Add 1 Tbsp (or so) of sugar and stir

Continue saut?Ing for approximately 10 mins over medium low/low heat

Stir frequently to keep away from burning or sticking

**Pizza crust-I just use ready to bake thin pizza crust (we are obsessed with the Pillsbury kind in the pop-can like the crescent rolls or grands biscuits.  We use the classic when making pizza but the thin crust for flatbread style.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2