Antique Bench Makeover

So I even have had this sweet little bench on my again porch for a year now, simply looking forward to me to get around to solving it up. Our summer season has been so busy, but I even have finally gotten around to it.

My mom in regulation picked this bench up at a yard sale and just knew I'd adore it.

It's obviously very old and I believe it to be a french piece.  It has great lines,  but my favorite part is the cane sides.  I love cane.

We had started working on the piece together, removing the green fabric.  Because it is so old the foam padding had disintegrated and just turned into a dusty mess.  It also had a ton of little tacks that we spent hours removing.

From then, I brought the bench domestic with me and placed it in my fixtures graveyard aka my lower back patio.

See,  that's the graveyard I'm talking about.  Although all the furniture you see has all been painted now.  I'll show you the dresser next time.  That also means it's time to bring home more furniture.

So ya,  I then found a board from Re-Store, and cut it to fit my bench.

After a few more months I got around to painting it.  I used a white chalk paint that I mixed up using this recipe here.

( discovered on Pinterest)

.  Love the chalk paint, it covers so good, it dries fast, and it looks great.

I love how my bench turned out.  So the above picture is just with the wooden top and below I have fitted a pillow on it.  It's just a lumbar pillow I had that fits perfectly.

So what have you all been running on?

Thank you for stopping by using,

Emily

I've linked this submit up here, come join inside the a laugh.

Jennifer Rizzo

http://www.Jenniferrizzo.Com/2012/08/fabulously-innovative-friday-linky-birthday party.Html

Primp

http://www.Primpjunktion.Com/2012/08/primp-your-stuff-wednesday-linky-party.Html

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2