New Ikea Slipcover from Amazon! Beach house Inspired!

Back in November my family and I rented a cute little beach house on the Oregon Coast. This little beach house was all decorated with Ikea Furnishings. I know because I have a gift for spotting out Ikea furniture everywhere I go. I can always just tell :) ..... And Also, because I have a strange habit of checking the labels on everything.   Anyone Else?

The sofa at our beach house was obviously an Ektorp Sofa from Ikea.  I knew this right away because I also own an Ektorp Sofa from Ikea.  But what I was the most surprised with was the slipcover that was on the sofa. It was a heavy, almost like a denim fabric, in a blue/grey color. I loved it! But when I went online to Ikea's website, I saw that they no longer carry this slipcover and unfortunately they really only have a few other slipcover options to pick from. Ikea use to have tons of slipcover choices for the Ektorp, but not anymore.

But my Mother-in-Law being the satisfactory Mother-in-Law inside the global, did a search on Amazon and determined the exact Ikea slipcover!!! She then ordered it and gave it to me for Christmas.

So I totally sense like a got a latest sofa for Christmas.

I have some other slipcovers for our Ektorp couch already but here's why I was excited to get a new one.

1. The first slipcover I even have is the white slipcover from Ikea. I adore it, however it's no longer easy preserving the white smooth with two boys and a Great Dane.

2. The 2d slipcover I own is a blue one that I dyed myself. I had an additional white slipcover reachable that I dyed with a aggregate of military blue and black dye. It seemed top in the beginning but the dye job saved fading and so I had to maintain loss of life it to maintain it searching correct. But with all the extra washings it shriveled the slipcover and the last time I tried to tackle it onto my sofa it literally ripped at the appears.

3. The third slipcover I own is from Comfort Works and I absolutely Love it. I'd highly recommend anyone looking for a new slipcover to check out Comfort Works, But unfortunately I wasn't very smart about which slipcover I ordered. I went with with a grey wool because I thought it was pretty...even though Comfort Works clearly stated on their website that that particular fabric was not recommended for kids or pets. So after a few years with  Kids and Pets the fabric did start to pile a bit. But this was totally my own fault I should have gone with a heavier fabric option.

So with this new slipcover, I now have a New Rule that our Great Dane cannot get in this sofa anymore. She's now not glad about it, but she's being sincerely exact. And then I just ensure to keep the couch blanketed with tons of throw pillows so there is no room for her to put on it anyway. HA!

At the give up of this put up, I will percentage a hyperlink to wherein my Mother-in-law located this Ikea slipcover on Amazon, But first I need to share a bit extra approximately this space in our living room.

I had fun decorating the shelf above our sofa. I just shopped around our home and brought in an old window frame, an antique ship, and some jars with candles and plants in them.  The whole look feels very Nautical, which you all know I love.

I also got this black and white striped area rug for Christmas. Well actually I got a gift card to HomeGoods where I went and bought myself this new rug. I wish it was larger, but it still adds a whole lot to the room just by layering it onto my existing jute rug.

I additionally placed my stack of wicker trunks/picnic baskets internal my hearth. I do not know if these will live right here for lengthy, in particular I just delivered them in from the sunroom wherein I am currently working on sanding/portray the flooring. (If you are looking forward to an replace on the floors, I hope to have them completed soon).

The pillows on the couch blend so well with the new rug. The navy and white striped pillow and the white one with the X design are from City Farmhouse and Co.

The fringe pillow is from Homegoods.

And then a lot of the other things you see here are from thrift stores, Including this amber colored jar,  Which was such a lucky find.

So I will try to link up everything in this post below but please let me know if you have any other questions or comments.  I also have a Shop my Home page and a Shop my Favorites page if there is anything else you are looking for.

As always, you can find me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest as well.

And in case you liked my put up today please experience free to give it a Share or a Pin in order that others can see it too.

Thank you! And Thank you so much for preventing by way of nowadays.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2