Why why why Delilah?

That's the name of a Tom Jones tune and it has nothing to do with this submit. Well, I think I'm about to shake my fist on the sky and shout "Why?!" The similarities forestall there though.

I am spending the better a part of this weekend drawing my heart out and coming up with first-rate rooms for clients. As I'm wont, I actually have the TV on low in the history to offer white noise. I'm operating on any other floor plan and the venture in query is the back end of a residence. We're eliminating a group of the interior partitions and developing an open ground plan to replace the rabbit warren of hallways and small rooms which can be within the area now. When that is all said and finished, the circle of relatives room, the kitchen and the dining room will all be in one huge space. Even even though I do not promote furnishings or carpets, I commonly come to be specifying the fixtures that cross into the rooms I draw.

So as I was sitting here, drawing away contentedly, I heard a commercial for Rooms to Go that jarred my out of my reverie. Rooms to Go is a chain of cheap furniture stores in the South that specializes in selling entire rooms of matching furniture at once. It's all bad --poorly designed and poorly constructed imported garbage that will end up being thrown away in five years. They are running a special this weekend where they're giving away a 40" flat screen TV with the purchase of one of their $1900 living rooms.

Because I'm drawing a residing room, I think I'm specially touchy to dwelling room assaults right now and the $1900 dwelling room they're pimping is simply that, an assault. I mean, study this thing:

My eyes burn when I ought to examine stuff like that. Sheez-oh-guy, I get it that there may be lots of room on this world for all people's tastes, but this stuff is beyond the pale.

Here is is once more from some other attitude:

And right here it is and not using a humans in it so that you can better believe yourself reclining on this luxury.

Imagine, drink holders and snack trays built right into your sofa! No wonder Americans are so bloody fat. They ought to call this the Lethargy Sofa. It gets worse though.

To the left of the guy within the second photograph is a white desk lamp.

This is it. Again, ouch. They are throwing this in with the $1900 dwelling room suite as a bonus.

I don't understand what would spark off someone to waste money on crap like this. In addition to being poorly made, it seems terrible. That Lethargy Sofa up there retails for $1199.Ninety nine when it is purchased on its own.

For 99 cents less, you can have the 84-inch Eugene sofa from Room and Board. The Eugene is made in the US, it's tasteful, it's well made and will last forever. Finding reasonably-priced, well-made furniture is not difficult but it does require a little legwork. You don't have to chose between Rooms to Go crap and a $10,000 heirloom-quality sofa. Really. There's a nearly unlimited number of options between those extremes. When it comes to furniture, how it's made is more important than who made it. Do a little research, find out what makes a good sofa a good sofa. I wrote a piece on sofa construction back when I was just starting out as a blogger. Check out Sofas, Sofas Everywhere but not a Place to Sit from February, 2008. And now that that's out of my system I can get back to work.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2