What's for dinner? Why, a rapier wit of course.

My beloved friend and former next door neighbor Brandon is not only the best home cook I've ever met, but also his generation's greatest story teller. His blog, Where the Sweet Olive Grows , reads like a love letter to New Orleans and I savor his meanderings as I do a good meal. His post yesterday detailed his culinary adventures on Thanksgiving and he includes a recipe for a turkey that makes me long for the days when I could walk next door for a cup of sugar (I'm not kidding) and come away hours later with a full stomach and a head full of stories I'd enjoy telling my grandchildren. If indeed I had grandchildren.

Here's an excerpt:

Even even though Martha Stewart is any other of my illuminated inspirations, I went with a method that now not best makes that chicken quite moist, but gives the maximum velvety gravy you have tasted. Here I present my Maple-Roasted Turkey. This also works with a Sunday Night bird and might be delicious with a red meat-loin roast as well. Although with the latter, I could roast some charming female apples alongside, to be provided as a buttery, spreadable condiment along with the beef. May legions of home chefs take note and grow wealthy:
Read this man.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2