Dateline New York

Every time I come to New York I inform myself that I am going to take it gradual and no longer have each second accounted for. Without fail, that in no way occurs.

I met up with my friend Tom early this morning for breakfast and then a visit to the Morgan Library . The Morgan Library was the private library of financier H. P. Morgan and it's now a museum.

On show now are the Hours of Catherine of Cleves in an show off known as Demons and Devotions. Catherine's Hours changed into her private prayer e book and it was completed in 1440 or so. It survives as one of the finest examples of an illuminated manuscript ever created.

The artist is understood most effective as The Master and to peer those pages up close and private is to touch those times. The hues are shockingly shiny and the scenes from every day lifestyles that surround Catherine's prayers allow on e a glimpse into the private, everyday existence of a noblewoman in pre-Ranaissance northern Europe.

From an art history context, you can see the beginnings of a go back to attitude in western artwork and to modern eyes, it's smooth to peer how the Master fell quick of displaying genuine attitude. To contemporary eyes too, it is first-rate to see a pass within the course that could reach full flower a hundred years later in Florence. It's fantastic stuff.

Next up is a run over to the Cell Theater in Chelsea to see my great friend Janine in an Italian Play, Tosca e le altre due (Tosca and the two downstairs) .

I love this metropolis. Really. Where else inside the US can you spend the morning poking thru 600 year old manuscripts and then spend the afternoon at a matinee overall performance of a contemporary Italian play?

I'm flying home to St. Pete tomorrow afternoon and once there I'll spend some time reviewing some of the design-related things I've seen and learned over the last few days. The bloggery conclave was by all counts an incredible success and it has been a pleasure I never thought would happen. I got the chance to meet in person a group of people I've been corresponding with for what seems like ages. Such times are these that I could befriend a group of people I've never met. Curiouser still is the experience of already knowing someone I'm meeting for the first time. Social media is an amazement and I have the great people at Brizo to thank.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2