Tagg

So let's just put it out there.  Tagg is delayed.  Physically.

And as you're probably sitting here drinking your coffee and reading blogs I'll be holding my breath during his early intervention appointment.  We've already had an in-home visit with a case worker to assess his delays and she recommend us into the program.  Today we meet with two therapists who will assess his abilities and write-up a therapy plan to get him back on track.

Bottom line:  He's 11 months old and can't bear any weight on his legs.  Even supported.  And that's a skill he should have mastered between 4-6 months old.

It's been really hard for me to see all the babies on facebook born months after him all standing and holding onto push toys or ottomans.  Or the babies around his age who are wobbling about on two legs.  Or videos of Wells who was running around steady on her own at 11 months.   Every child is different.  Not every baby reads the book on what they should do and when, my sweet Nonnie reminds me.  I know this.  But I worry.

But he's the got the arena's high-quality posture and his sitting up and playing abilties are out of this global!

And he has finally started to crawl this past week or so and I swear it's the most beautiful movement I've seen a body do in a long time.  He's slow and hesitant but his little legs and arms work together and he moves.  He moves!  This is a huge development for him and one that I can't wait to share with the therapists today.  Clearly they will be impressed with his improvement too!

So pray with me today that this will be a short visit with positive recommendations for a temporary installment of physical therapies and not the early warning signs of something more serious.  Because I'm a mom and I worry.

"Compare your self only to the individual you were the day past"

And as a mom of two, especially two who are so very close together in age, I have to remind myself not to compare them.  To each other.  To strangers.  To anyone.

Because proper now they are in love with every different and I by no means want that to trade.

Merry Christmas my sweet buddies!

I'm now not formally signing off but I'm positive posting can be sporadic over the following week or so even as I enjoy the Holidays with my circle of relatives!

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2