Glitter, Frosting, and Balloons

Happy Birthday to me.

That's right, nowadays is my Birthday.

30 1

So I've managed to survive my first year in my thirties and I honestly say it's as great as everyone said.  You are suddenly more exempt from comparison and from caring as much about how other people view you.  I've never been so comfortable in my own skin.  It's so freeing.

At our girls night out last month my sweet friend Anna and I discovered that her Birthday is the day after mine.  Which is really fun because our other friend Caycee's is the day before so we've got the 6th, 7th, & 8th represented so it's no wonder we all hit it off so well.

And then Anna dropped a bomb.

"Only I think I'm a good ten years younger than you."

***silence***

And the thing is, Anna is like 11.  Or twenty five.  Or something like that.

But she's clearly not ten years my junior.

She's a blogger and a mom of two.  Her youngest child happens to be older than my first.  I consider her a peer.  But age wise, she's not.  It had never crossed my mind.

I guess I've been as clueless about aging as the Real Housewives.

And it got me thinking about how I appear to others.

I'm married, I'm a mom, I'm responsible, I'm clearly not in college or fresh in my first job.

So does that make me old?

Do y'all think of me as old?

What is old?  Surely it's a state of mind and not a number.

So clearly I'm not old.

Just old enough not to care that awesome twenty-somethings think I'm old :)

So I plan to put on my skinny jeans and some leopard flats and celebrate being myself today!

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2