Twitter and the art of public image management

The Moggit Girls are an internationally famous and highly influential blogging duo . They're also terrific friends of this blog. One of these days when I stop mocking HGTV, Joy and Janet will help me land a development deal similar to theirs. Here's one of their highlights:

These make me sound reserved.

Anyhow, Joy and Janet live in a kitchen I'd imagine looks some thing like this. And one day they have been on Twitter and that they were not pronouncing very exceptional things about their fridge.

Moggitgirls: My Viking refrigerator shoulda been a vacuum, 'cuz it SUCKS. 12:14 PM Apr 22nd

Paul_Anater: @moggitgirls: Shouldda talked to me before you bought it! Apr 22 2010, 13:08

moggitgirls: @Paul_Anater: It (Viking fridge) leaks water from the bottom freezer drawer - how is that even possible?! 1:54 PM Apr 22nd We went back and forth with the saga of the leaky fridge a few more times when I remembered that Viking's on Twitter now and since they were already following me, this would be a perfect opportunityto test the power of Twitter. Unhappy, well-known, outspoken luxury good consumers are a potential PR nightmare and on Twitter that's even more true. Viking was relatively new to Twitter and that they hadn't responded to the Moggit's and my thread. As the day went on, another good friend of this blog, Cheryl Clendenon, joined in to discuss this leaky fridge. I decided to take matters into my own hands.

@Paul_Anater: Hey @moggitgirls, @VikingRange is on Twitter, let's ask them.

Apr 22 2010, 14:22Still not anything from Viking, so I jumped in with both feet.

@Paul_Anater: Hey @VikingRange, meet @moggitgirls. @moggitgirls, meet @VikingRange. Discuss. Apr 22 2010, 15:eleven
That was a little obvious and I didn't mean to embarrass them. Really. So I sent them the following:

@VikingRange Sorry if I put you on the spot there. Maybe you and @moggitgirls can DM your way to a solution. Apr 22 2010, 15:43
Viking jumped on the situation and sent a technician over to the Moggit Girls' no doubt glamorous home. It's important to note that the Viking fridge in question is five years old and had been "fixed" repeatedly during those five years to the tune of several thousand dollars.

Over the final 4 or so weeks, I acquired periodic updates from the Moggit Girls and Viking become making properly on their promise to address the leaky refrigerator.

Finally, I received the following the day prior to this:

@moggitgirls: @Paul_Anater --Got my refrigerator fixed! Price paid - $zero.00. Yay! 10:25am, May sixteen
Bravo Viking and good job Moggit Girls. As I said right after I made the introductions,

@Paul_Anater: @VikingRange @moggitgirls --Behold the electricity of Twitter!

Apr 22 2010, sixteen:05

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2