Nick Olsen in the new Lonny

The design blogosphere has gone bonkers over the new issue of Lonny and there's an apartment by Nick Olsen featured that's getting a lot of that attention.

Decorno wrote about it on Monday night and her headline read, Nick Olsen Is an Opium-Addicted Chinese Hooker. The woman is everything I aspire to, I swear. Anyhow, in Decorno-speak that's high praise.

I got within the first remark. It was one word. Hideous. I suppose it's far sincerely hideous. I get it, Olsen's creating a call for himself and he is playing round with archetypes. While it might be clever, it's nevertheless unpleasant. I suppose my real objection to it comes from his use of all those gloss paints. Well, that and the litter. But the gloss paint just kills me.

It photographs like a crime scene or a set from The Silence of the Lambs and living with it's no easier. Every flaw in that wood and plaster work is exaggerated by the sheen on those walls. It's awful.

An nameless commenter left this multiple feedback after mine.

"Horrible," screamed the blogland zombies who want their Weinrib fabrics and their inspiration boards.
Please. Yes, I'm a blogland zombie for saying that I think purposeful, studied ugliness is ugly.

What do you men assume?

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2