Navy Blue Sofa Styling: Part 1

Y'all.  If you follow my instagram you know that Matthew and I went to most amazing party last night.  It was a Great Gatsby theme and nicer than any wedding I've ever been to before.  And I've been to some really well done weddings.  You'll have to check out the pictures for yourself because I had way too much champagne to get focused on uploading the images from the party this morning.

Now, let's get back to focus.  You know we got some new furniture a few weeks ago from my in-laws house in Pawleys.  I talked about the leather sofa we inherited for our living room here and here.  Well we also received a navy sofa and love seat.

They're in great condition and a really nice scale, but navy isn't my go-to.  As much as I love blue & white, it's not my top pick.  While I was looking through my pinterest boards for some direction, I realized I really don't have much pinned at all featuring a navy or dark sofa.

Most of what I find is a bit too colorful or nautical and preppy or too glammy and formal.  Love both of those looks, just not in this space.  I'm just in a more down to earth and comfortable look right now.  Well styled, but not over the top.  My life is crazy, I like to rest my eyes.

I'm going to have to get creative.  Here are a few rooms that seem to take the approach that I want to as well with navy.  It's used as a neutral and embraces the dark by adding in moody grays and lots of cream.  I like the contrast with various wood tones, including weathered.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2