How to Style a Leather Sofa Part 1

Over the past few years I've actually gotten quite a few emails asking how I would style a leather sofa.  The truth is, I wouldn't.  It's not my thing.  But one of my best friend's said "I do" to a leather living room suite when she said her vows to her husband.  Another friend in Charleston has the same dilemma and I've helped them both design around it in their coastal homes.  There are certainly ways to do it so that it becomes a better blend of everyone's aesthetic.

Well, this morning I find myself in a similar predicament.  There is a U-hual in my driveway this morning, as I type, with a leather couch inside.  My in-laws are downsizing and offered up several pieces of furniture.  I'll be honest, its not all my taste.  It's not what I would go to a store and select.  But it's really nice.  And it's all in great condition.  After a random change of events that took Matt from the mountains down to Charleston, up through Pawleys Island, and back to Richmond again in 24 hours, I find myself with a leather couch to decorate with today.

I'm thinking a neutral throw and lots of light geographic pillows on top.  Like the Jill Rosenwald hourglass, zara stripe, breaking wave, ceyden, domino, .  But I'm still wrapping my head around it.  I knew this leather couch would come live at our house at some point but I never really pictured the logistics of how I'd blend it in with my decor.  If you think you have to stick with all dark, masculine pieces to make it work, you're wrong.  I can't wait to start dreaming up ways to minimize this bad-boys bulk.  I'll keep you posted every step of the way.

So tell me, do you have a large leather piece in your home?  Did you marry into it like so many of us have?  Was it something you've always loved and wanted?  I've heard it's a dream with kids because you can just wipe up any sticky spills and messes.  I'm sold.

Stay tuned for Part 2 where I make my dream picks for pillows and throws for our new leather-based sofa.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2